A condemned man is allowed to choose how he will die. He is presented with the following six options:
1) Thrown into a deep river tied to a heavy stone.
2) Decapitated by an axe.
3) Eaten alive by a group of cannibals.
4) Thrown into a pit of lions that haven’t eaten for five months.
5) Hanged by the neck until he is dead.
6) Shot through the heart with a rifle.
Which one should he choose in order to maximise his chances of survival?
If you have not tried to solve it, have a go now. For everyone else, the answer is after the break.
The answer is 4) Thrown into a pit of lions that haven’t eaten for five months.
If they haven’t eaten for five months, the lions will be dead. Did you solve it? Any other funny or clever answers?
I have produced an ebook containing 101 of the previous Friday Puzzles! It is called PUZZLED and is available for the Kindle (UK here and USA here) and on the iBookstore (UK here in the USA here). You can try 101 of the puzzles for free here.